Turnaround Times at Machaon
Machaon Diagnostics generally is the fastest testing option for the assays we support. In most cases, we only select tests to validate where we can be the fastest in the industry. Many other labs report a turnaround time range. Machaon Diagnostics turnaround times are a fixed rapid time.
Examples of our Speed
- aHUS genetics completed in as little as 48 hours, while other labs take weeks or months
- ADAMTS13 activity, 95% are reported in 24 hours, 7 days a week
- sC5b-9 levels, 95% are reported in 24 hours, 7 days a week
- HLH genetics completed in as little as 48 hours, while other labs take weeks or months
Turnaround Time Performance Metrics
We hold ourselves accountable for your sample testing
We publish our turnaround time (TAT) metrics to clients. Our goal is to ensure that 95% of our testing is resulted on time. We accomplish this by calculating the mean TAT plus 2 standard deviations to establish a 95% confidence interval upper limit for TAT. This dramatically different approach provides clinicians and hospitals the transparency and reliability needed to maximize clinical utility of a lab test.
The TAT Paradigm
The faster the result, the better it is for the patient
It is generally understood in the lab industry that with the TAT paradigm, you can have 2 of 3 elements: faster TAT, high quality or low cost.
- If a test is fast and hiqh quality, it is more expensive
- If a test is high quality and low cost, the TAT is longer
- If a test is low cost and fast, quality has likely been sacrificed
If you combine fast TAT and quality, you can maximize clinical value.