Machaon-grade Clinical Matching Policy
One of the most important steps in healthcare
Over 300 individuals with the name John Smith are born every day, making careful data matching a vital step in the delivery of high quality healthcare.
Machaon-grade clinical matching applies to data of many types. Test results, sample receipts, test status and other protected health information (PHI) can only be shared with clients after a successful clinical match has occurred. A minimum of two unique identifiers must match exactly in order for Machaon Diagnostics staff to accurately and safely link a patient with laboratory data.
Machaon Diagnostics complies with HIPAA regulations to define who has the authority to access PHI.
Unique Identifiers Include
- First AND last names with spelling
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Medical Record Number (MRN)
- Accession Number
- Social security number (SSN)
- Other unique identifiers
Where Does This Policy Apply
- Linking samples to test orders
- Linking patients to results
- Linking patients to facilities
- Linking patients to test status
- Linking samples to courier status