|Sample Type||Volume Required||Minimum Volume||Stability|
|PREFERRED||Citrated Plasma and Serum||Three aliquots, 1mL each (Citrated Plasma);One aliquot, 1mL (Serum)||Three aliquots, 0.5mL each (Citrated Plasma);One aliquot, 0.5mL (Serum)||Room Temp.: 2 hours
Refrigerated: 2 hours
Frozen (-20C): 2 weeks
Frozen (-80C): 6 months
|REJECTION CRITERIA||Thawed in transit if shipped frozen, refrozen, clotted sample|
|STAT TAT||< 48 hours (M-F)|
|STAT TAT Performance||> 90% of results released in 48 hours|
|ROUTINE TAT||< 1 week|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||APS Panel, Lupus Anticoagulant (LA), Antiphospholipid Antibody testing, CAPS work-up|
|DESCRIPTION||Antiphospholipid antibodies are present in Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) and may be detected in both solid (CIA) and plasmatic-based tests. Beta-2 Glycoprotein I (B2GPI) antibodies measured above 20 CU are considered positive and are associated with APS as described by international consensus and Harris et al [1,2] Persistently elevated levels of B2GPI antibodies are associated with an increased risk of vascular thrombosis and obstetrical complications [3,4]. This assay employs an FDA-approved, chemiluminescent immunoassay (CIA) method and reports in arbitrary chemiluminescent units (CU).|
|NORMAL RANGE||Interpretation: Normal|
1. Ruiz-Irastorza G et al. Antiphospholipid syndrome. Lancet 2010; 376:1498.
2. Giannakopoulos B et al. How we diagnose the antiphospholipid syndrome. Blood 2009; 113:985.
3. Pengo V et al. Update of the guidelines for lupus anticoagulant detection. Subcommittee on Lupus Anticoagulant/Antiphospholipid Antibody of the Scientific and Standardisation Committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. J Thromb Haemost 2009; 7:1737.
4. Bertolaccini ML et al. Antiphospholipid antibody tests: spreading the net. Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64:1639.
5. Vila P et al. Prevalence, follow-up and clinical significance of the anticardiolipin antibodies in normal subjects. Thromb Haemost 1994; 72:209.
|SAMPLE REPORT||Upon request|
|NEW YORK STATE APPROVED||Yes|
|CPT CODE||86147x3, 86146x3, 85613, 85730|
|LOINC CODE||3181-5, 3182-3, 5076-5|